Shanghai Hospital for Foreigners
Jiahui is one of the most aggressive facilities on marketing, you probably come across their advertising on every expat related magazine or website. Are they good? Yes. Collaborating with Massachusetts general hospital, a lot of their staff are trained overseas and there is always an English speaking GP during night time, in most cases it is a foreign doctor. Hospital down in Gubei area is open 24/7 and is so far the only private place that managed to get approval and license on performing covid shots. Guangxi in the government pays out 🙂
They also have a clinic and a medical center in downtown and a bit further note respectively.
- 全康医疗(浦西) Global Healthcare (Puxi) 南京西路1788号国际中心303室 Eco City, Suite 303,1788 Nan Jing West Road, Jingan District Tel：86 21 5298 6339 24-hr Emergency: 86 136 8188 8833 www.ghcchina.com
Japanese style clinic with two locations in both financial centers (Jingan and Lujiazui).
- 上海汇星金浦门诊部 ParkwayHealth Shanghai JinMao Tower Medical Clinic 世纪大道88号金茂大厦裙房1N01(B) 1F， Jin Mao Tower J-LIFE Building, 88 Century Avenue, Shanghai Pudong Tel: 400 819 6622 www.parkwayhealth.cn
One of the oldest chains of medical facilities in Shanghai out of Singapore. At present they have 6 clinics all around Shanghai.
This is probably 2nd most active chain of medical facilities on marketing side after Jiahui. They recently even partnered with a couple of gyms in Shanghai to refer their members for annual medical check ups. Several locations conveniently located in both downtown and Pudong.
Main clinic the one above however they do have a couple of more locations across the town including Orthopedics hospital. Clinic supports direct billing with pretty much all local and international insurance companies, however other locations and a hospital not yet as they are pretty new to this world. Some of the most cost effective wellness packages can be found here.
- 上海德达德西门诊部 ShangHai DeltaWest Clinic 长宁区延安西路2558号8幢B栋4层西，5层 Building B-5F, 2558 West Yan’ an Road Tel：86 21 22139777 www.deltahealth.com.cn
They also have a fully operating hospital a bit further out of downtown as well as new clinic is opening up in Gubei area. First two are all set up for direct Billings with most health insurance companies, might take a couple of months for the last one to get this in place too.
One of the most comprehensive and as a result most expensive check ups in the town. RMB 20k is not a top one, there is always room to add few more scans and get price to RMB 30k+. Clinic is conveniently located next to Kerry Center while Yosemite Hopital is also known as “the only private hospital within inner ring”, which is true. All others are between Inner and Middle rings.
- 上海和睦家医院 Shanghai United Family Hospital (SHU) 上海和睦家医院 上海市长宁区平塘路699号 699 Pingtang Road, Changning District, Shanghai Appointment center 400 639 3900 24/7 ER 021- 2216 3999 www.ufh.com.cn
United Family has been the most expensive medical facility in the whole China for decades (excluding Hong Kong). Starting from this year their Shanghai locations are going through restructuring on pricing and have already been un-labeled as high cost providers for several insurance companies. That means you can enjoy discounts on most insurance plans by excluding luxury facilities from coverage as United Family Shanghai is no longer that type of place for some. There are 4 more locations of that chain throughout the city.
- 上海禾新医院西医部 Shanghai Landseed Hospital (Western Medical Center) 徐汇区钦江路102号 102 Qin Jiang Road, Xu-Hui District Tel：86 21 6195 7896 www.landseedhospital.com.cn
We hear often that Shanghai property price skyrocketed after guys from Wenzhou and Taiwan started buying apartments in bulk decades ago, and yes – Taiwanese have their own hospital in Shanghai too. This is one of the most cost effective solutions for regular outpatient visits.
- 上海申德医院 Shanghai Sun-Tec Medical Center 上海市长宁区虹桥路2281号3楼 3rd Floor, 2281 Hong Qiao Road, Changning District, Shanghai Tel: 86 21 6269 9995 www.suntecmedicalcenter.com